Call for Papers and Posters for the
12th ICOM-CC Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Conference (WOAM)
May 13-17, 2013 in Istanbul Turkey
Aims of the Conference
-To present relevant case studies in the conservation of wet organic archaeological materials
-To disseminate scientific research results in the field of wet organic archaeological materials
-To promote the application of new materials and technologies for conservation as well as new tools for analysis and documentation
-To identify further research and to provide networking for future activities
The Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Working Group has decided to focus on the following subjects. The list is not inclusive and all topics of relevance to the analysis, treatment and care of wet organics are welcome.
• Pre-conservation storage
• In-situ preservation and reburial
• New materials for the conservation of organic materials
• Retreatment of artifacts with particular reference to alum in wood
• Acids (sulfur and iron) formation in organic materials
• Categorization of materials, wood degradation and analysis
• Post-conservation display and storage
• Review of the samples from the 1987 International Comparative Wood Treatment Study
• Reports on ongoing conservation projects and case studies
Sept 15, 2012: Submission of abstracts for papers or posters
• Abstracts for Peer Review papers (title, authors and text, maximum 800 words, no images or graphs)
• Abstracts for all other papers and posters (title, authors and text, maximum 400 words, no images or graphs)
Abstracts for papers or posters should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please indicate if Paper is for Peer Review.
Oct 15, 2012: Approval of abstracts, speakers and posters, notification of authors
Jan 15, 2013: Submission of Peer Review Papers
April 30, 2013: Submission of all other papers or posters submitted for publication.
Late acceptance of Non-peer reviewed papers may be accepted if space remains.
All presentations, received by the editors, will be published in a post-conference proceeding. A copy will be mailed to registered participants as part of their conference fee. Only contributions
submitted for peer-review will be reviewed by a scientific editorial board. They will be marked as such in the publication. Papers based on Posters can be submitted for publication. All papers will undergo an editorial review process.
Presentations, Papers and Posters
Maximum paper length is 4,000 words including caption endnotes and references. A maximum of 10 graphs, diagrams or images and 5 tables will be accepted.
Papers based on a poster should have a maximum length of 3,000 words including caption,
endnotes and references. A maximum of 10 graphs, diagrams or images and 5 tables will be
Further guidelines will be sent to the authors upon acceptance of their abstracts.
For more information please contact: Tara Grant firstname.lastname@example.org